Your website acts as your business’ online storefront. If your website is eye-catching and piques the interest of your visitors, the higher your chances are of converting those visitors into actual customers. Case in point: 94 percent of web users claim that design is one of the reasons why they do not trust a particular website. [Read more…]
Building a business is a fantastic and challenging experience. You can wake up exhilarated to begin your day and go to bed feeling overwhelmed and frustrated. The key to success is to maintain a positive, yes you can do it, mindset.
Easier said than done, right? Here are 5 keys to help you create and sustain a positive mindset so you attain the success you desire.
1. Surround yourself with successful and positive people. The influence people have over our own personal energy is amazing. Moods and attitudes are so easily spread – think about how much of a difference a simple smile from a stranger can make for your day and then magnify it 1000 times to demonstrate the power of positive and successful friends, family and associates. When you have people around you who inspire you, believe in you and want you to succeed, there’s no room for doubts and even when they creep up, they’re quickly swept away.
2. Create a mantra or an affirmation. Repeating positive affirmations has been shown to get people through tough times and to actually help them truly believe what they’re saying.
For example, “I am building a powerful and profitable business.” Many of the most esteemed business professionals have used the same affirmation strategy to attain their success. To find the right affirmations for you, consider writing a quick list of your doubts, insecurities and complaints. These can then be quickly turned into affirmations.
For example, if you write that you’re always feeling disorganized then your affirmation would be, “I am organized and in control.” Repeat your affirmations several times a day and feel the power of positive thinking.
3. Capture negative thoughts. We all have negative thoughts from time to time, however, negative thoughts and emotions can derail us and prevent us from achieving all we desire. Of course catching those negative thoughts takes practice and persistence. When you find yourself thinking negative thoughts or having negative emotions, find a trigger to turn them around. The affirmations mentioned above are a great way to turn the negative into the positive. You can also find quick pick me ups like a favorite song, a walk outside in the fresh air, or some exercise to help improve your mood.
4. Set goals/intentions and then be willing to let it go. The law of attraction says that we attract what we focus on the most. However, desperation, needing your business to be a success, sends mixed messages and a lot of negativity into the universe. Set your goals and intentions and then let them go. A certain amount of faith in yourself and in the power of attraction is necessary. Give it a try.
5. Be grateful. Gratitude is perhaps the single most powerful and positive tool for success. When you’re grateful for all of the wonderful things and people in your life the challenges you face seem significantly less important and are more easily dealt with.
Consider keeping a gratitude journal and make a practice of entering into it daily. That way, when you’re facing challenges a quick peek at all the amazing things in your life will make you feel as if you can tackle anything. Additionally, an attitude of gratitude helps you maintain a positive perspective and to face challenges as opportunities rather than obstacles.
Success is within your reach and with the right attitude you can accomplish anything you set your sights on. Embrace these five powerful mind success strategies and you’ll build a better business and live a happier, more satisfying life.
photo credit: RambergMediaImages
We all have things we would like to accomplish in our lifetime. Often, these aspirations are dismissed as unrealistic or outside the realm of possibility. But you can do and accomplish anything you believe in. With the right attitude, you can make your dreams come true and experience the fulfilling life you were born to live.
With time and dedication, you can find a way to get to where you deserve to be!
Use these five strategies to set yourself on the path that leads to your success:
1. Write it down. You can achieve great things if you put your mind to it. But unless you write it down, your goal will remain wishful thinking.
- Writing down your goals helps you to crystallize your thinking. Instead of vague generalizations, you'll set your goals with clear objectives and an understanding of the direction you must head in order to experience the realization of those goals.
2. Focus on actions, instead of results. You can control the actions you take on the path to your goals. Focus on your actions, and the results will take care of themselves. When you do, you'll feel less pressure along the way because your focus will be on things you can control.
- Break the goal down into small steps. This series of steps will serve as your roadmap. Keep putting one foot in front of the other and notice what's working and what isn't. If you continue moving forward and refuse to give up, you will reach the finish line.
3. Be consistent. Once you have a roadmap in place, consistently take action in the direction of your dreams. Things likely won't go exactly as you've planned, but you can adjust your plan as you take action and receive feedback on your progress.
- Whenever you set a goal, take one small step toward its fulfillment. That way, when you leave a goal setting session, you've already made some progress. This will provide great encouragement for you to continue.
- If you're unsure how to proceed toward the result you're after, get started on the path to that goal anyway. Determine the first step you need to take, and then take it. Once that's done, ask yourself what the next step should be, and then do it! Keep it simple, and keep taking one step at a time until your goal is achieved.
4. Learn from your setbacks. There's an old saying that claims that nothing worth having ever comes easy. When you pursue anything that's worthwhile, you're sure to experience setbacks. It's how you treat the setbacks that will determine whether you succeed or fail. Learn from these experiences and welcome them as course corrections toward your inevitable success.
5. Celebrating success along the way. When things go your way, celebrate. Every day, visualize what success will feel like and celebrate your inevitable victory. Treat yourself to a reward when you overcome challenging obstacles. Remember that success is a journey to be savored and not simply a destination to be reached.
You have a greater capacity for success than you realize. Within you is everything you need to reach the dreams that are in your heart. Incorporate these five steps into the pursuit of your goal, and your success is yours!
photo credit: FindYourSearch