Potential home buyers are looking for properties and real estate professionals online. Will they find you when they need your services?
Because of the emergence of modern technology, the Internet has quickly become the go-to place for research for home buyers looking to purchase a property.
Can potential clients find you when they search for a real estate agent or broker online?
Get a Free Consultation
More and more home buyers research online for property listings and for all other aspects of the home buying process. Let’s take a look at these statistics:
- Real estate related searches on Google have grown 253% over the past four years.
- 90% of home buyers search for a prospective residential property via different online channels.
- 43% of home buyers agree that the first step in the home-buying process was looking online for properties.
- 78% of new home buyers visit 3+ sites prior to taking action on a real estate site.
253% Growth of Real Estate Searches on Google
90% Search on Different Online Channels
43% Search Online as their First Step
78% Visit 3+ sites before Choosing an RE Service
Moreover, studies show that potential home buyers aren’t just using desktop computers when finding their property. Mobile is becoming increasingly important for your prospects.
- 50% of home buyers use mobile devices when searching for a home to purchase.
50% utilize mobile devices when searching
When searching online using mobile, first-time home buyers perform the following tasks:
- 51% read general home information.
- 44% compare the prices of different homes.
- 35% compare the features of different homes.
- 48% get directions to visit a home.
51% Read General Home Information
44% Compare the Prices of Different Homes
35% Compare the Features of Different Homes
48% Get Directions to Visit a Home
Local search is also one of the most significant factors in their home buying process. As much as 69% of home buyers who take action on a real estate website begin their research with a local search term. Furthermore, 52% of actions on real estate site come directly from a local search on a search engine.