While you may be the best plumber in your locality, if you don’t market your services online, you’ll lose out on a vital source of business and revenue growth.
It doesn’t matter whether you specialize in residential, commercial, or industrial plumbing— studies indicate that the overwhelming majority of consumers research extensively online before making major purchase decisions.
Can your potential clients find you when they search for plumbing contractors online?
Get a Free Consultation
More and more consumers are looking for plumbing services online. Check out these statistics:
- 81% of consumers conduct online research before purchasing a product or service.
- 89% of consumers use search engines to acquire services.
Moreover, studies show that your potential clients aren’t just using desktop computers to look for reputable plumbing contractors in their area. Many are also using their mobile devices and tablets to search for plumbing contractors:
- 74% of buyers searched on mobile using a search engine before making a purchase.
- 50% of mobile device users reported making a purchase in a browser on their mobile.
- 62% of companies that designed a website specifically for mobile had increased sales.
- 61% of digital consumption takes place on mobile and tablet.
Businesses that target a specific geographical area, like plumbing services, should maximize the full potential of online local searches. Check out these statistics:
- Buyers who conducted local search increased from 70% in 2010 to 80% in 2014.
- 71% of searchers value the information they find in local search results.
- 54% of searchers include a local modifier (such as a city or zip code) in their search.
Videos are inherently engaging and can effectively transform site visitors into customers. Hence, you need to include videos in your online marketing mix.
- Visitors who view videos stay on websites an average of 2 minutes longer than those who do not.
- 64% of consumers are more likely to buy a product or service after watching a video about it.
- Homepage videos are shown to increase conversion rates by 20% or more.
- 39% have called a vendor or service provider after watching a video.